True confessions of a scatterbrain

Communion: An intimate relationship with deep understanding. -Websters Dictionary

Name:
Location: Ft. Myers, Florida, United States

Saturday, May 15, 2004

Today was so much fun - ahh so many things to tell. First my body woke me up at 6:30am - my alarm was set for 7am - so I went to the loo - so fun saying that and the cat (pepper- but you gotta call her peppa) jumped in bed with me so that was fun. Then at 8:15 Carrie picked me up for a fun day of meeting with her Chinese women that she meets with - so much fun. Then her friend Sean showed up and added to the maddness. The women are total shopoholics - it was really fun to watch- carrie does retail therapy with them to teach the english- which means we get to go shoping all the time (I bought a fleece - $14 but in US it was only like $8) I also learned that you don't have to buy anything - I need the fleece - so cold here. Uhmm well then I met Sean he is soo funny - not a typical New Zealander at all - very outgoing and loud. I found myself being me with him - my humor and sass came out with him - I felt like I could be myself which felt wonderful after 2 days of being the new girl. Yeah and he cought a man skirt - it's an island thing - later he said he liked my purse and I told him we could go try to find him a man purse and he was like you're cute (cute doesn't mean the same thing - he meant I was being smart with him) My mind and accent it already going towards theirs - which is funny. Ohh yeah so we ate at this Chinese resturant - so fun - I tried chopsticks until the server saw my pathetic attempts and brought me a fork - I felt like a failure - I will learn ohh yes I will. Thw chinese women ordered all of the food - yeah uhmm I thought I was goin upchuck at a few points - I had this pork thing - at least I pray it was pork but it was all slimy and gross and then I saw them - they were Chicken feet - and they were eating them - my stomach literally jumped and I almost lost what little I ate right there- I had to say no - I 'll try it another time - they were cool about it so that was fun. So yeah that was my day - ohh I forgit to tell about Conner yesterday - he is the 2 and a half year old lil boy I live with here - so he likes me - big surpise there but he was following me around and I had to use the bathroom right - so I go in and lock the door - He starts beating on the door and screaming for me to let him in - I have't had a good bathroom time in like 2 days so I am kinda hurting / desperate to go but this kid is beating on the door - it was enough to make a person a lil nervous...well finally his mom takes him and is all like - Thats is Corey's special time in there and leave her alone. So yeah I am totally loving it here - I am so in the honeymoon stage and I love it - tonight is Quiz night at the church - I belive its like trival pursit - so yea I will be the stupid american but what the hay I'm used to that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home