True confessions of a scatterbrain

Communion: An intimate relationship with deep understanding. -Websters Dictionary

Name:
Location: Ft. Myers, Florida, United States

Thursday, May 20, 2004

Many missionaries experience a period of time called the honeymoon period where they see everything about the new country as wonderful and delightful - all teh quirky customs are quant...well I skipped that stage - I have already hit full I wanna go home and I don't want to be here. It's not that I don't like it here - it is great here - I am just kinda tired of only having Carrie and not having anyone here - which I know will change...I just am missing friends - like Kelly, Jesse, Missy, Hannah, Josh, well everyone...I am just whining now. I just don't feel connected with Carrie - Everytime I say anything I get corrected - I can't be myself I feel like I can't say anything - so I am quiet all the time - yeah me quiet. No on a different note yesterday we went to teh thermal wonderland - it is an area that has been shaped by the volcanic ativity here - lots of boiling mud, hot springs, pools of differnt colors - bright blue, green, redish, ghesters, and other "thermic" stuff. Then last night I went to a Maori (the national peoples of NZ) traditional dance and dinner - so the men wore only a loin thing - I saw things that these virgin eyes had never seen before - I was shocked by hairy well you know...I was all like oh my and looked at the ground - averted the eyes- yeah uhmm the food was good. it was all interesting. I also finished Blue like Jazz - which I think is the most awesome book ever - other than the Bible that is. Today I am going to some lakes and gardens adn we are having extended quiet time - I am looking forward to being around water and having some quality time with God

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home