True confessions of a scatterbrain

Communion: An intimate relationship with deep understanding. -Websters Dictionary

Name:
Location: Ft. Myers, Florida, United States

Wednesday, June 30, 2004

Home Group Prefect - that's what I was officially made on Tuesday night - I guess I should back this thing up and chat about the whirlwind that my life has been. Ok, I'll just start with Monday - Well I went shopping with AJ all day - it was so much! He loves Bryan Adams - I love Bryan Adams - yeah it was a total bonding moment - well at least for me. No he bought me Brooke Frasier CD - for real everyone should get this CD - its kick butt awesome. I helped him buy 2 great shirts - this black one is..Well...Yeah...Home...Well...Way too good looking. It was so much fun helping him shop. I also went with him to pick his uncle up at the airport - ahh Uncle O - so cool- we had lunch with him at AJ's house - I went home and crashed for about an hour then Heather called and we chatted for 2 hrs and then it was too late to nap so I got up. I went to bed at 9:30 - yeah I am so coming down with something. Then on Tuesday I did some lesson plans - Carrie came over - ad we had another "chat" never tell me that you want to "chat" with me ever - this trip has forever ruined "chat" in my vocab because I always know that I've screwed something up if you say "chat". Anyway, basically she told me that she was frustrated, upset, and disappointed in me because I wasn't following through with my English lesson planning - she informed me that I was the one responsible for making the lessons and that she had made that clear - well see I understood that I was in charge of the until she was done working at the hub - which ended 2 weeks ago - so I've been frustrated that I have been planning them - or her attuitde about what I have been doing - after all I have been just as busy as her. Uhaghhhhh I am so tired of all this no offensive bullshit - man that felt good to say. I realize I am sucking it up on this internship - stop rubbing my face in it. She complained that my heart wasn't in it - I put it in it. Now she is telling me that my actions aren't in it - ok I have no idea what to teach them or how to do this - isn't learning the whole point of an internship -a hhhhhhh. Ok so I am done whining - I just haven't had anyone to talk to about this. So anyway as soon as she says all this I whip out my work - yeah it was all like bam Corey is on. Well, I went to AJ's early to turn his house into a winter wonderland for our midwinter Christmas party - so much fun. I kicked tail in the trivia portion. SO girls ended up winning 3000 to 1000 - we totally dominated...So afterwards I was talking to AJ and ended up acciently telling him that Carrie is much better at criticing than encouragement - I was being completely honest - It felt so good to be honest - it was like the mask that was suffocating me being removed and I could breathe. I hate being fake more than anything else - I can't stand it. God wants ad has planned for us to be open and transparent and I realize that is one thing I haven't been here - transparent - I miss it. But on the negative side I shouldn't have said anything about Carrie - I hope it wasn't gossip it wasn't my intention at all. Well so today I went into the city with my Chinese students - we ate lunch at this Chinese place - for real I was gagging at one point - I can't do Chinese food for some reason - it makes me sick! I had some great convos with the girls - Teaching the Japanese Boys went well ...I am really not feeling well now - my throat is raw, my head hurts and my tummy is upset - I want to be mothered ...ahh being sick in a foreign country - I want my mum!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hang in there Corey!

9:12 AM  
Blogger Jesse E. Hunter said...

agreed.


love,

12:32 AM  
Blogger Josh said...

bullshit.



hey that does feel good!

7:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home