True confessions of a scatterbrain

Communion: An intimate relationship with deep understanding. -Websters Dictionary

Name:
Location: Ft. Myers, Florida, United States

Monday, June 21, 2004

So its been like a week and life as usual has been full-on here. First things are soooo much better with Carrie - we are getting along - even joking around- yeah quite a change - praise Yahweh for that one. Second, yeah so on Friday I got to teach the Japanese boys English - it was so much fun! I really love just being around them - their kind of leader told us that we - 2 Americans are the only ones who have volunteered and actually teach them English - not only that have built a relationship with them. Its sad to think of what the New Zealanders are missing out on because of their racism against Asians. Then on Saturday morning I helped a student move into her new home - this tiny Chinese woman totally showed me up - I was struggling with this box and she took it away from me like it was light as a feather - I was all like man I am so weak. Then on Saturday night was the long awaited Girl's night - it rocked so much fun!!! Words can not express how perfect it was - the decorations were beautiful (me!!!) the food great! I was queen of Karoke - I totally blasted out footloose, some Queen, Spice Girls, Brittany Spears, and well...Yeah everything else under sun - It was sweet as. We also had a dancing room that rocked - I got jiggy with it...nanananana. Then on Sunday was my small group potluck - so fun - I love my small group - can I just say that - They have ministered to me in every way possible I think. Then was youth - which rocked -AJ was preachin it hardcore - it was about worship - I have never seen him preach like that - it wasn't him speaking it was God - then I did the communion meditation...I forgot how much I miss teaching and speaking in front of people. Then I went home ad spent 3 hours with my friend heather on the phone - 3 hours - it was wonderful! Then today I woke up late - I was a bit tired from the weekend...And went to the tazman Ocean or sea - whatever...For real the most beautiful place on earth. The surf was totally full-on - it was violent. I was in utter awe - my breath was taken from my lips. All I could think was my God how great tho art. The sand was black - not just black but sparkly, purple, and silver - it was the coolest thing ever- I think it might be one of my favorite places on earth. I don't ever want to leave this place - weird huh 2 weeks ago I was ready to hop on the next flight - now I am trying to figure out how to stay forever. Tonight I got to hang out with Heather again - I dread leaving her - its so great to have her to talk to about everything girlie and stupid but also deep and spiritual. I appreciate her and I'm thankful for her. Also, I guess I have to confess - this is so hard for me to admit - I have a crush - yes I feel so silly being a 22 year old woman with a crush - a crush - It makes me feel 13. I know nothing would ever happen - guys tend to see me as the "friend" or "little sister" - I am not a girl guys like - I realize this. I just wish for once well...never mind enough of my pity party and the whole Going back to the states in 4 weeks also puts a damper on everything. Ohh the coolest thing happened also today - I got a real life package from the states - for me!!!!! JESSIE YOU ARE A ROCKSTAR - I LOVE YOU - I loved you before but...but thank you for thinking of me and spending all that money - you seriously rock my world - you get the gold star of friendship for week - (You too can win this sticker - all you have to do is send me things - food, pictures, encouraging notes, - cash - whatever) I am just so blown away by everyone's encouragement - you all lift me up so much - I hope you know that whenever I get a lil comment it makes my day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home