True confessions of a scatterbrain

Communion: An intimate relationship with deep understanding. -Websters Dictionary

Name:
Location: Ft. Myers, Florida, United States

Sunday, June 06, 2004

So the past few days have been way tough here. God tends to like to break me when I least expect it and it always is earth shattering. Where to start. So on Thursday I show up for my meeting at Carrie's right and Sean is there. I was told it was going to be a plannig time and reviewing personal goals time - well no it was at all it was a full on lets have a "talk" time. I was told that if they wern't insterested in seeing me grow they would have sent me home about a week ago. That I have made some big relational mistakes and that my attitide sucked and that I had a pride issue. So yeah uhmm that hurt just a little - I took all of it well. I was hurt but I guess they have the right to say these things as my leaders. I have to trust that God is leading them and these are real issues. I was also told that a mature Christian woman told Carrie that I need to watch myself around guys - that I was a flirt. What is more is that I made Sean uncomfortable - which was totally innocent believe me - I was just being myself and relaxed. So that was hard for me to hear especially when Carrie told me that it was biblical for me to be corrected - I had to remind Carrie that the Bible does not say 4 people talk about it then tell Corey - 2 weeks later. It says so straight to her - that is what I was mad about well hurt is a better word. I never will get a chance to tell who ever thought that anything - instead they think I am a flirt. I guess I am feeling extremly broken and pulled apart - like nothing I do is right. Which I know is Satan swooping down and preying on me when I am weak. I feel better with Carrie - we understand each other better. I feel so uncomfortable around Sean - like I can't be myself. I know that he knows that I know he thought I was flirting with him - which I totally wasn't - it just sucks becasue he is definatly one of my leaders for the summer. Like I said I am glad all of this has happened because it will make things better it just totally blows at this moment. I am just in need of a lot of encouragement and affrimation from them but I don't know how to tell them to go easy on teh corrections for a few days. I have been totally torn down and now I don't know what to do or who to be...

5 Comments:

Blogger Corey said...

ohhh sorry, I guess I could have added that in - he's a guy - that I didn't flirt with- no he is a guy here that is voluntering for Carrie - he put my internship program together - when I came here he was not one of my leaders but now he is. He is a nice guy but nothing more.

10:44 AM  
Blogger Jesse E. Hunter said...

Corey-belle,

It's true that God may be using these two to mold you, but from an outside perspective, I just want to slap their faces...(pharisee-ical.hmm...)

Sounds like the cultural "insensitivities" and "flirting" are just innocent mistakes. They'll come around. We should all start praying for them!! :)

love you~

5:00 PM  
Blogger Jesse E. Hunter said...

p.s. your blog's very pretty!

5:01 PM  
Blogger Jesse E. Hunter said...

I like this "3". She's on to something!

8:03 AM  
Blogger Corey said...

Jesse,
3 is a guy - his name is tres and yeah he does tend to be right on most of the time. Thank you friend - I miss you a lot- I never knew that living by yourself in a foreign culture was this hard - know that I am making genuine friends - ones that accept me for me. The small group I am in is amazing and I am blest by it. They have fed me so much since I have been here and bee so encouraging. It reminds me of the CSF house and it feels like home. Jesse, I want you to know that I am praying for you right now as I write this - you are going to have a great summer - even if it is just a summer of rest. God is building you up - you are so utterly amazing - I was telling Carrie about you the other day - That God brings amazing people into our lives when we least expect it and they are a true testimony of His grace and mercy in our lives - that what you are to me.
Tres,
I love you so very much - I hope you know that. I respect you and look up to you. I don't honestly always agree with you but I never have to doubt where you heart is. You have a gift of encouragment that not many people have - you encourage and refresh my spirit. If I chose one word to describe you it would be that - refreshing. You have a gift of desernment- use it well becasue it can be abused. Not a lot of people challenge me and you honestly challenge me. thanks, brother.

1:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home