True confessions of a scatterbrain

Communion: An intimate relationship with deep understanding. -Websters Dictionary

Name:
Location: Ft. Myers, Florida, United States

Thursday, June 10, 2004

Have you ever had one of those nights that you can't sleep - your mind keeps going a mile a minute- you're exhausted but you just can't sleep - you have this burning inside you to talk, think and pray at the same time - you know you are the brink of abreak through but you just can't seem to grasp it - thats hpw I feel right now...I'm excited about something but I don't know what. My body feels sleepy but my mind is all crazy like. I guess I should explain somethings - like why.So I am in bed doin my daily journaling right - when I relaize that I love NZ - like enough to live here always - but not with Impact International - or doing campus ministry. I realized that I miss New Mission Systems International - the people I went to Kenya with - that I keep in my mind comparing the two experiences and NMSI keeps winning - that my heart is with NMSI and not with Impact. I have no idea what I am supposed to be doing in ministry - I even wonder if ministry is for me at times - but then tonight I relaized that I do love people - I rememebered leaving the school I taught at i Kenya - I remembered a promise I made - I remembered the children and all the sudden this feeling rushed all over me. It was amazing and earth shattering. I remembered the love of God towards his children...I remembered what it felt like to be an instrument of this love - to be literally his hands, feet, mouth, and heart. I realized that I have not been loving and accepting others like that. I started to sing - in my bed a simple song. Our God is so big - Our GOd is so big...I sang it in english and the simple swahilli- the in my head I could hear the man who taught the song to us - Japeth singing - I miss africa - I am crying now - i miss it so much - My heart is crying out for my children - it is crying out to those people. I am so confused right now - I feel caught between this huge battle - and that I have been lied to and held captive for months and that I am finally being set free - free to love and be loved. This is so strange - I wish I had someone to talk to about it. I need to be praying - if you read this please pray - The battle is raging here and I am caught up in it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jesse E. Hunter said...

O, how God can turn things around in a week (or an hour!)...I'm excited for you, Corey-belle. Your attitude of obedience will allow Him to put you exactly where He wants you, and that's...well, the best place ever.

(But, He'd better put you at the CSF soon...and maybe Edisto-shh.)

love!

3:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home