True confessions of a scatterbrain

Communion: An intimate relationship with deep understanding. -Websters Dictionary

Name:
Location: Ft. Myers, Florida, United States

Friday, April 23, 2004

Today has been one of those days where so much has happened. So I was talking with a friend about prayer and listening to God. I realized that God uses people to really speak to me. Less that 5 min later God spoke to me...My friend and I were talking about Women's roles and such...a topic where I get a lil defensive. Well anyway he said that his wife will stay home with the kids...I honestly totally agree with that- thats what I would want to do if I had kids. anyway so I left and I sat outside and just wrote down everything that I want to be in a family and that God has called me to be. I noticed that the ones I had a problem with were caused by pride. Then I realized that if I can't even submit God what make me think I will be able to submit to my husband. So then I really pondered that for a while and yeah I really need to work on it. I also got to talk to one of my best friends form my old colllege, Amanda, today on the phone (I am her flowergirl in Aug) yeah so I found out another one of my friends had her first kiss and didn't call me - I totally cried hardcore on the phone - I hate missing out so much of their lives - I love them so very much and they were everything to me - crapola the tears are so back - screen getting blurry- ahhhh so emotional. ok I am done - then Amanda's weding shower is this sunday and I won't be there (its in KS) and I of course started to cry again at this point. Well yeah so it was amazing to get to talk to her - I just wish I could be with them - it makes me regret my decision to transfer. I mean transfering was cool and all and I am glad that I am here....I just really miss it there and in May there is no there becasue they all graduate...its so sad. AHHH this whole growing up thing blows. Well anyway other than that I just started reading Abba's Child by Brennan Manning - I normally don't like mushy God is my daddy junk but the first chapter hit home last night. It talks about how Christians treat themselves...he even talks about how we project our feelings about ourselves on to God. So its open dorms for the guys - just gotta visit one then run home to type a final - one down 4 to go!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home