True confessions of a scatterbrain

Communion: An intimate relationship with deep understanding. -Websters Dictionary

Name:
Location: Ft. Myers, Florida, United States

Monday, July 05, 2004

Dodgy - yet another sweet as Kwiwi word.
Happy 4th of July
Well its actually the 5th here - I didn't celebrate at all - My mom didn't even call me - yeah I've been a bit depressed all day. Ok my pitty party is over -
Today I did get to catch up on some sleep - it was awesome to sleep until I woke up - then do everything in my own time and not becasue I had to get somewhere. All day I have just been relaxing - it was so nice to do. Carrie is gone for the week and I'm in charge of making all the appointments with students - so far none of the have answered my texts - I really don't want to screw this up. Its only 26 days till I come home - 26 - how am I going to leave? Everytime I think about it it makes my heart hurt.
Oh so I guess I should tell about what I have bee up to. On Sat I went out with Ruth (AJ's mum) shopping - it was so fun - I like her a lot - she even brought me a pair of earings - so pretty. Then I had a going away party for one of my students - it was great. Then finally I had some friends over and watched a movie - we watched steel magnolias and Wayne's world - I love those movies - they remind me of home and friends. Then on Sunday I went to church - it was an outreach service - they had a guest choir. It was a polynesion gospel choir - like our Black gospel choir - so yeah my new dream in like is to be a polynesian gospel singer - ohh to be ethnic. Yeah then I taught English - it went so well - I taught them family names - like mother, father, sister, cousin - and all those other names - they understood it - I taught - it was so exciting! Then I met with a girl who needed someone to talk to - it went really well. Then I had youth - then a youth leaders party - so yeah I was tired when I got home - it was so nice to sleep that long - its like my body is totally saying take it easy you're doing too much - it was nice to listen to it for a change. Other than that AJ asked me to do the communion meditation again in a few weeks - I'm going bake real bread for it - so excited. well I think I am going to sleep more.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jesse E. Hunter said...

Hey you. call me one more time. i promise i'll do my best to intercept it. :)

...and i'm so glad to hear that you're enjoying most of your times there. yea God(and yea corey-belle)~

12:06 AM  
Blogger Josh said...

it really is painful to leave, knowing you'll, most probably, never see any of these people again. i think sometimes the toughest part about spending time away from home is coming back.

8:43 AM  
Blogger Corey said...

Thanks buddy - that is really cool

1:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home